MBA (Service Excellence)
What is online learning?
Online learning is distance learning delivered online with academic tutor support and increasingly offers substantial advantages for students over traditional means of learning, but RDI goes one step further by offering access to ‘ilearn’.
ilearn is our custom designed virtual campus allowing you access to your course learning materials, library and research facility, peer-to-peer discussions led by expert academics.
Based on over 20 years of experience of helping people like you study successfully by distance learning, RDI launched its ‘ilearn’ learning platform in 2007 and has continued to lead the development of flexible modern learning to continuously improve your learning experience.
ilearn is ...
- Home to over 8,000 current students in 150 countries worldwide
- The only place for students offering materials, assessment, tutor access, study groups and interaction with other students
- Being able to access your materials 24/7 - fitting your studies around your life
- A positive mix of individuals, ideas and networks you can join
- Constantly updated and refined to ensure the best student experience possible
- One of the many reasons why students choose to study with RDI and succeed to graduation
- There to support you and ensure you are confident in your studies - with Student Support coordinators there to help you progress and enjoy your time as a student
- Where students are engaged by expert academic support who bring the subjects to life through on-line discussions, workshops and feedback
Inspirational, Interactive and International
The flexibility and powerful simplicity of ilearn is perfect for people with family commitments, careers or even first-time learners who have little experience of the online world. We offer a full ilearn induction to all students, building your confidence and ensuring you know how to utilise ilearn to your advantage. The built-in study manager offers you a consistent check on key deadlines and updates from your online tutors and events, so that you can plan your study time effectively.
A student’s point of view
ilearn offers students the best opportunity for success because it delivers and supports learning when it is needed. One of our many MBA students highlights how ilearn empowers her with online assessments:
"Speaking to a colleague also doing a Masters degree, I found it interesting the differences between our courses. She had to print, bind and post her essay 4 days before the deadline to make sure it was delivered. As satisfying as the feeling is when binding and posting your essay, I must admit the process where I am able to login (at any time) and just click the submit button is wonderful. Within seconds you feel the adrenalin leaving your body and you can sit down without worrying about the work getting lost in the post.
And what if I need to make a change? No problem, make the change to the document. Save it and upload it again. Done. So I sit here very smugly having finished my last two assignments, they are both sitting in the world wide web somewhere, while my friend is waiting for news of her assignment’s arrival after an excitable journey through machinery, vehicles and delivery by the men in red."